The A law that gives people with disabilities lots of different rights. People say it is the biggest disability rights law in the United States. is also called the ADA. The ADA is a law that gives people with disabilities lots of different rights. People say it is the biggest disability rights law in the United States.
The ADA says that you have a right to Changes that make things easier for disabled people. They help us get the same things as non-disabled people.. Some examples of accommodations from the ADA are:
- Getting captions on a TV show
- Menus in Braille
- Bringing your service dog to work
- An interpreter at the doctor’s office
The ADA gives people with disabilities rights at work. The law says that your boss can’t discriminate against disabled people. Your boss can’t fire you or treat you differently because you have a disability. You can get accommodations at work because of the ADA.
The ADA also gives you rights in places run by the government, such as:
- The post office.
- City hall.
- Public transportation, like buses, trains, and subways.
The ADA says you have the right to go inside any place run by the government, and to use any service run by the government.
If a business is open to everyone, the ADA says you have the right to go inside, and to do the same things as everyone else.
- If you go to a hairdresser, you have the right to get a haircut.
- If you go to the movies, you have a right to captions.
- If you go to a store, you have the right to go inside and buy things.
- If you go to a restaurant, you have the right to order food.
The ADA says you have the right to communicate in ways that work for you, and to understand what is going on. Phone calls, text messages, and video calls have to be When disabled people can easily use something. We can easily get around somewhere. We feel like we belong there..
The ADA is a very important law that gives people with disabilities the same rights as everyone else.