Allies are non-autistic people who want to support autistic people. All sorts of people can be allies. We hope that you want to be an ally, too! We made this page to help you learn more about being an ally.
Part of being an ally is making sure you listen to autistic people. You can take our pledge to show that you listen to us, and will help make sure that others listen to us, too. The pledge is a promise that you’ll only go to events about autism where autistic people have our voices heard. You can take the pledge by going here.
Here is a list of resources all about being an ally:
- Don’t Mourn for Us – by Jim Sinclair - http://www.autreat.com/dont_mourn.html
- Checklist of Neurotypical Privilege – by Bev Harp – http://aspergersquare8.blogspot.com/2009/08/checklist-of-neurotypical-privilege-new.html
- Autistikids – http://www.autistikids.com/
- In the Loop About Neurodiversity – https://intheloopaboutneurodiversity.wordpress.com/
- Learn From Autistics – https://www.learnfromautistics.com/
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism – http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/
- Think Inclusive – https://www.thinkinclusive.us/
- Parenting Autistic Children with Love & Acceptance – https://autloveaccept.wordpress.com/