Sometimes, autistic people don’t get an autism When a doctor says you are autistic..
We might get diagnosed with other disabilities instead.
Sometimes, we also have these disabilities.
Other times, doctors are just confused.
They might not realize we are autistic.
Women and People who are not white. For example, black people are people of color. get the wrong diagnosis the most.
They might be diagnosed with other disabilities instead.
Some of these other disabilities are:
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Social (Pragmatic) How we show others what we want and need. Everybody communicates! Disorder
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder
- How you think about and understand your senses. Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disability
Autistic people can have disabilities besides autism.
But some doctors don’t know a lot about autism.
They might say we have these disabilities instead of autism.
Doctors can be wrong.
Anyone can be autistic.
Girls and women can be autistic.
When your gender is different than people thought when you were born. people and When someone isn’t just a boy or a girl. people can be autistic.
People of color can be autistic.
Teenagers, adults, and older people can be autistic.
People with other disabilities can also be autistic.